Wednesday, July 25, 2012

General Itinerary

I cannot promise this post will be coherent. Skip this next section for the short version {Last night I was pretty worked up and couldn't get to sleep right away (as evidenced by my late night blog). I finally went to bed around 1:00 and still sleep was elusive. The last time I glanced at the clock? 1:45. *SIGH* Shortly thereafter, though, something woke me up. It was the absence of sound. Now, anybody who knows me knows that I simply canNOT sleep without white noise. Well, the fan stopped -- probably due in large part to the fact that the electricity was off -- so I was awake. So was Troy. On an amusing side note, Troy thought he'd gone blind. :D He said he freaked out because the stopping of the fan woke him as well, but when he opened his eyes and saw NOTHING, his first reaction was, Oh no! I lost my sight because I didn't take my contacts out before I went to bed. Oh Troy! We roamed around the house with flashlights, noting that our block was without electricty (still don't know why), called the power company to notify them, and finally went back to bed after locating my white noise machine. Once again, sleep evaded me. Finally at 5:15 (almost precisely the time Excel indicated power would be restored -- interesting) the power did come back on. Sleep at last - until 9:00. That's the long version of why this might not make sense.} I didn't get much sleep last night!

Here is our itinerary:

LV: FSD Tues, Aug. 14 @ 10:14 A.M.
AR: ORD Tues, Aug. 14 @ 11:50 A.M.
LV: ORD Tues, Aug. 14 @ 1:37 P.M.
AR: HKG Wed, Aug. 15 @ 5:55 P.M.

We will be in Hong Kong for two days to acclimate to the 13 hour time change as well as the take in the culture. We will leave on August 18 and head to Changchun, Jilin, where Ethan is! On August 20, we will get him!! After adopting Ethan, getting his Chinese passport and completing some other paperwork, we will go to Guangzhou to get his visa to go to America. We go Guangzhou on August 24. Our consulate appointment is August 28 and on August 29 we will get the visa. That night we will return to Hong Kong. We will leave Hong Kong and return, as a family of FOUR on August 30.

LV: HKG Thur, Aug. 30 @ 11:10 A.M.
AR: ORD Thur, Aug. 30 @ 12:35 P.M. -- ETHAN = U.S. CITIZEN!
LV: ORD Thur, Aug. 30 @ 5:20 P.M.
AR: FSD Thur, Aug. 30 @ 6:52 P.M. -- HOME!!!!!!!!!

More details to follow, but we are one step closer to going over to get our baby! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment