Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First Ethan Adoption Dream and Random Thoughts

Let the insanity begin. I had my first adoption dream for this go-'round. It's awfully early to be starting as I have SEVERAL more months of dreams before this becomes "reality." The dream keeps coming to me in bits and pieces as the day goes on and is fairly disjointed, but suffice it to say, it was not all sweetness and light. It was stressful and nerve-wracking as a matter of fact. The gist of it is as follows: we're trying to catch a plane. My mom and dad are with "us", at least for a while, but I don't recall my better half being around...or Aiden, but I guess they were around somewhere. Odd. Anway, we get to the airport and are ready to board, but the airline attendants are sorry to inform us that the flight to China has been overbooked. Sorry. Sorry? Well, they do this you know? They proceed to tell us we have been bumped, but they'll try to get us on the next flight out. The next day. As much as I try to explain to them, I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH and one more day is NOT acceptable, they stick to their bottom line, and we are not allowed to board. Then, to add insult to injury, we had been booked in economy plus, but they just don't think it'll be possible now -- going over OR coming back. Again, I tried to get them to see reason to no avail. Just as I'm about to fall apart, I woke up. Aaahhh! So, two weeks into our official wait, eleven since we've first seen Ethan's sweet face, I've started the dreams. Now, I don't recall how early I started with Aiden, but I know they were frequently upsetting. For instance, in one dream, he was not the baby we'd been referred. In fact, he was blond and was speaking English. In another, we didn't get to stay in China and get our baby with the other adoptive families. We had to get on another plane, to England nonetheless, to get him, further delaying our Gottcha Day. You get the picture. Even if they are sweet and happy, it just further drives the point home that he's not with us. The point is, if there is in fact a point, that I want to go get our little guy and bring him home -- even if we're nowhere near close to ready. I started the lists yesterday, and I guess I should be grateful we have several months to prepare. There are booster seats to buy, closet organizers to purchase, beds to put together and rooms to rearrange, etc. Not to mention, money we need to save to actually go to China! The way I look at it, though, other than those pesky travel funds, there's nothing that can't be done once we get our boy home. Hurry up As...!! I wanna go get our son!

No comments:

Post a Comment