Sunday, August 26, 2012

An Update in Brief

We're getting ready to head out, so I will be brief (haha or at least as brief as I can be!). As I said in yesterday's post, we had our medical check. After that, we came back to nap after eating McDonald's. Troy then went to do paperwork (only seems fair he does a few hours after I've done a few month's worth!); the boys and I went "swimming." Well. We went to the pool at least. It is no mean feat to attend to a four and two year old in a swimming pool that is over both of their heads. We managed for close to an hour though, and Troy showed up around 4:30. He and I talked for about 5 minutes when he said, "Oh yeah, we're going out to eat at 5:00." Ah. Ok. I've been swimming for the past 45 minutes and now I have 20 minutes to get ready and get the boys ready. Great. But, because Troy has been an amazing husband and father on this trip (seriously, you cannot imagine all the hard work and dedication -- no joking -- he has shown), we got everybody cleaned up and out the door by 5:00.

We then went out for a Holt group meal. I don't know the name of the restaurant, but Catherine (Holt rep) ordered it all, and it was all incredilby delicious and served family style on a huge lazy Susan! She even went so far to order a special dish for our table because I happened to mention I love spicy food. So does Jeremy and so does Karen. Ron and Karen were at our table. They are wonderful. We really like them and their beautiful kids. We had a great time and Catherine made a point to say we were the fun table, and we all had a good laugh. Her saying that may have had something to do with the fact that we were the only table that ordered beer. Several times. :) (They kept bringing a couple large beer for 6 adults. Seriously?)

The boys went to sleep shortly after they showered (around 9 or 9:30) and slept until 7:30. This a.m. we leisurely got ready and went to breakfast here in the hotel. Ethan still isn't showing any real signs of bonding as he tries occasionally to hold the hands of cleaning ladies or other Chinese folks and walk away, but at least he had the decency to whimper a little when one or the other of us walked away to return to the buffet this morning. It's a work in progress. On a positive note, he will now sometimes get upset if he wanders away and can't see us; he is now giving us kisses, too.

After breakfast we walked around and took the boys to the hotel's play area -- much larger than in Changchun. When we got back, Ethan napped for a bit while Aiden watched Scooby Doo, Dad repositioned packing, and I washed a few pair of shorts in the sink (we're having a load taken to Shamian Island later today). The boys played after nap time and now we're getting ready to head to the pearl and jade market. Yay!!! :)

I will update at day's end, but suffice it to say, we're having a pretty good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment