Monday, October 11, 2010

Introducing......



Aiden Joseph RenJie Sturgeon! We were blessed to have him join us just after 3:00 PM local time. He cried for about 30 seconds, I pulled out a toy car, and he hasn't cried since. At first, he looked a little shell-shocked and maybe sad, but as the day / night has worn on, we're really starting to see his personality. It looks like he's going to have a good sense of humor and may be more than a little mischievous. He did sit quietly through an hour-long meal playing with his toy cars and eating when we fed him. As I type this, he is looking out the hotel window playing with his toy car and truck. In the last few minutes, he has starting pointing and babbling. Well, I think it's babbling. For all I know, he could be saying something profound. He's smiling all the time now, too. Also, not that anybody cares about this, but it is a good sign: he already did his "stinky business." It's good because if a child is unduly stressed, they often become constipated. NOT SO MUCH HERE! :( It would appear he's pretty relaxed with us. Let me put it this way; Troy's out getting supplies and Aiden has been contentedly playing by himself. Ooops. Until just now. He just climbed onto my lap and is watching me type this. I will type more later, but it's past his bed time and we still need to bathe him and get him to bed. I guess the important thing to know is, we love him more than we could have imagined already, and it looks like he may be willing to tolerate us! More later, but that's the quick version. We're head-over-heels in love!!!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Diane, Troy, and Aiden! We are actually sitting in an inservice session on Achievement Series and of course, we are looking at pictures of your newly enlarged family. Additional congrats from both Sittigs, Carolyn, Lisa, Louisa, Deb R, and Justin L. So when you get back and have to do an inservice on Achievement Series, you'll have to teach us what we were supposed to be learning while we were looking at your pictures. We are all so unbelievably happy for you and are all getting chills as we see these amazing pictures. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks. Enjoy the rest of your "vacation."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Congratulations. We are in inservice this morning called Advanced Smartboard Training. It's obvious that you will be wonderful parents if you can understand "stinky business".

    Anonymous BVHS teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo!!! Congratulations! This so so exciting... we have been watching your blog like hawks waiting to see how everything goes. Hope everything is smooth sailing from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you. Sorry you had to wait another day. Guess they were trying to make a "power point." Can you tell we are in workshops today? Anyway, hope all will go well from here on out, and must say, you already look like a very sweet family. Who knew it could happen so fast? Best wishes for a great time and life together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started to cry when I saw the picture!!!! My internet was not working this morning at home, so I could not check it right away. I was awake all night thinking about what you were doing with Aiden (playing, nap, or eating)all of these things for the first time. I am so overy happy for you guys, I hope to talk with you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! How exciting! Your new son is such a handsome little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so excited for you, Troy & Aiden! What a wonderful blessing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, guys!!!! I am so happy for you! I love the fact that he "crawled up into your lap"! Aiden is a lucky little boy to have you guys as his mommy and daddy! By the way, I've tried to post before, but technology and I are not always friends! You know - you've seen my outdated cell phone!!! Anyway, I've been thinking about you every day. Can't wait to hear the next part of your parenting journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations guys! I am so happy for both of you and Aiden certainly is a lucky little guy. I know all the emotions you are feeling! Enjoy them! Look forward to meeting the newest Sturgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! So I just had litterally my whole floor in here because they thought that a bat was in my room because I started to scream! :) haha good by social life!!! :) I can tell by the post that its gone!!! :) I am sooooooo happy for you coaster! and I was expecting a couple tears in your eyes!!! :) but yay! didnt see any!! :) but my lanta!! he fits in very well and he also looks very happy with his mommy and daddy!! You have noooo idea how happy I am! :) good thing because now I will be up all night so I will get my "english" homework done! :) IRONIC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The smiles on your faces tell all! Congratulations. Love reading your post. Get ready for a busy life but a wonderful life as a family. Can't wait to see Aiden in person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey congrats!!! to bad i couldnt get you some cool books bout ww2 b4 you left but i'll have some on your desk when you get back to work.. Ur going to be amazing parents.. hopefully everything is going well and no planes have crashed :)..
    Sincerly
    Dan Francis Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Sturgeon family. Our class is reading your blog today. They are all very intrigued and can't wait to see the pictures you took.

    ReplyDelete