Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Last Post from China


I usually post at night, but that probably won't be possible tonight, so I'm posting on Thursday morning instead. Today we leave for Hong Kong; we're taking a train. We fly out on Friday afternoon. Fourteen hours on a plane with a two year old. It ought to be interesting. He's taking a nap right now while Troy is finishing some paperwork and getting last minute instructions from Holt. Last night was a rough night. Aiden cried out a lot and would hold his arms out and say, "Mama." I committed the cardinal parenting sin and had him sleep on my chest. He needed to sleep, though, and he was obviously scared. I had to cut him some slack; we have to remind ourselves that he has been with us for less than ten days. The real drawback, other than setting an unfortunate precedent? Mommy is incredibly tired today. I need to come up with some energy from somewhere, though. We went to breakfast, came back to change into our tradition Chinese garb and went for the "red couch photo" every adoptive family takes here at the White Swan. Aiden is napping now, but when he wakes up, we have to go buy a new suitcase, and I have to go buy a knock-off purse. At some point we need to get lunch and repack. All of this needs to be done by 2:00. It's 11:00 now. Ah well. I work best under pressure anyway! :)Wish me luck! I'll try to blog from Hong Kong tomorrow a.m. before we leave. If not, please pray for us and that we return to SD well and intact!
Photo: (Kung Fu) Aiden in his tradition Chinese clothes

4 comments:

  1. great picture. he looks like a stud in that chinese clothes. We will all be thinking of you as you travel back to SD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picture! Very cute. Can't wait to see you all when you get back. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! :) I cannot wait for you guys to get back that way I can FINALLY text you!! I feel like I havent talked to you in years!! :) well good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let him snuggle to sleep all he wants. They are only little for a while and it will really help his attachment. You can't spoil him right now. As for your sleep, well, it will work out. That's why they have Starbucks. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete