Sunday, October 10, 2010

Let Down / Disappointment


We've had a bit of a disappointment today. By a bit, I mean I'm borderline despondent. When we got into Xi'an a couple hours ago, we were informed by our guide, David, that we (there are five couples in our adoption group)won't be getting our children until tomorrow. I could try to console myself with the notion that that gives us time to get our ducks in a row and rest up before we get him tomorrow instead of traveling 1/2 a day and then having to start trying to bond, but in reality, it's just another day to be tense and uptight. It is only one extra day, but these 24 hours may seem like an eternity. At least we know we're in the same town. Of course, it's a good thing I don't know where the orphanage is; if I did, I'd get a taxi, drive over there, and drag him home with me! :) Just kidding.....kind of! Sorry to everybody who was waiting for pics and info. The best I can do is a photo of a photo we got yesterday at orientation. I pray to have the real deal tomorrow. We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't even imagine. I am tagging along on your trip via your blog, and I was so excited to see your meeting with Aiden! I'm so sad for you...and can't wait to hear that you have him in your arms!

    ReplyDelete