Sunday, October 10, 2010

This Is It!

Well. Here we go! We've been up since 5:30 and trying to kill time since then. Now, all of a sudden, it's here! We leave for the Department of Civil Affairs in about 30 minutes. My stomach is a giant knot and my chest hurts; I'm relatively certain I should not have eaten at Dico's (China's homegrown version of KFC). I don't even know how to put into words the emotions. There are a myriad, I assure you, ranging from excitement, relief, and happiness to fear and uncertainty. Come what may, this is what we've been striving for all this time. God be with us! Next time I blog, it will be as Aiden's mommy. "Dad" is in the room pacing, chewing his nails, and checking the time. You'd think this was the waiting room in a labor and delivery wing. ;) ......And we're off!

No comments:

Post a Comment